Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
P-73, P-78, P-7801u
Q: How do I use the memory card reader on my notebook?A: To insert the memory card:
- Remove any slot protector from the media reader and insert the memory card into the memory card slot. Cards may vary but they are usually inserted with the label facing up and the arrow on the label pointing toward the computer. Check the specific card for instructions.
- Access the file on the memory card.
- From the Start menu, click My Computer. Double-click the drive letter (for example, the drive E), and then double-click the file name.
Note: Each slot is assigned a different drive letter (for example, drive E and drive F) so data can be transferred from one media type to another.
To remove the memory card:
Important: Do not use the remove hardware icon on the taskbar to remove the memory card.
- Verify that the disk drive status indicator is off.
- If your memory card slot has an eject button, release the eject button by pressing the eject button once, then eject the card by pressing the eject button again.
- If your memory card slot does not have an eject button, push the memory card into the notebook. The memory card pops out slightly.
- If your notebook ships with a protector in the media slot, to protect the open slot, replace this protector when the media reader is not in use.
Note: Unless using the eject buttons to remove a card, verify that the eject buttons are not extended. Protruding ejector buttons may be damaged when moving or transporting your notebook.