Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
P-73, P-78, P-7801u
Q: How is ExpressCard technology different from PC Card?A: ExpressCard technology draws upon many of the features of existing PC Card technology. It balances size and utility, reliability and durability, and features hot plug-n-play and auto-configuration. There are also significant differences between the PC Card standard and ExpressCard standard.
- Size: ExpressCard modules are roughly half the size and lighter.
- Speed: ExpressCard modules are capable of speeds up to 2.5X faster than CardBus and 40X faster than 16-bit I/O PC Cards (depending on the application).
- Design: ExpressCard standard takes advantage of recent technology advancements to simplify the design and eliminate the need for a controller.
- Ease of use: The modules are hot-swappable.
- Power: ExpressCard modules require less power.