TC78 Notebook Series Specifications
TC78Gateway TC78 Notebook Series
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 64-bit With Service Pack 12
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium with Service Pack 1
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic with Service Pack 1
Intel® Centrino® 2 processor technology, featuring:
Intel® Core2 Duo processor P9500 (6 MB L2 cache, 2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 25 W), P7450/P8600 (3 MB L2 cache, 2.13/2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 25 W), or T6400/T6600 (2 MB L2 cache, 2/2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Mobile Intel® PM/GM45 Express Chipset
Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5100/5300 (dual-band quad-mode 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N) Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology3, 4
|System Memory1, 5, 6
Dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM support
Up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory
Upgradeable to 4 GB using two SODIMM modules7
14.0-inch HD 1366 × 768 pixel resolution, high-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD
Supports simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms response time
60% color gamut
NVIDIA® GeForce® 9300M GS8 with up to 23039 MB of TurboCache (512 MB of dedicated DDR2 VRAM, up to 1791 MB of shared system memory), supporting NVIDIA® PureVideo HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Mobile Intel® GM4510 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD10 (Intel® GMA 4500MHD) with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (128 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1631 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support1
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)11 support for digital speakers
160/250/320/500 GB hard disk drive12
Media Card Reader
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Reduced-Size Multimedia Card (RS-MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
- Storage cards with adapter: miniSD, microSD, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo
|Optical Media Drive1
2X Blu-ray Disc/DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X/16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X/4X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD-RW, 6X/4X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 2X BD-ROM, 2X BD-R, 2X BD-RE, 2X BD-ROM DL (double-layer), 2X/1.6X BD-R DL (double-layer), 2X BD-RE DL (double-layer)
- Write: 16X/8X CD-R, 10X/4X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-RW, 4X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X/2.4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 4X/2X DVD-R DL (double-layer)
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Gateway Video Conference, featuring:
WLAN1, 3, 4: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5100/5300 (dual-band quad-mode 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N) Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology
WPAN1: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval13
- Integrated HD webcam, featuring 640 × 480 at 30 fps or 1280 × 1024 at 30 fps resolution image capture1
- Built-in microphones
BIOS user, Supervisor, and Hard Drive passwords
Kensington lock slot
|Dimensions and weight1
13.4-inches (W) × 9.5-inches (D) × 1.0/1.5-inches (H) (342 × 241.4 × 26.5/38.9 mm)
5.3 pounds (2.4 kilograms) with 6-cell battery pack and discrete graphics
5.3 pounds (2.4 kilograms) with 6-cell battery pack and integrated graphics
Note: Weight varies due to component variations and manufacturing options.
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard: Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with integrated graphics: 3-hour, 30-minute battery life 14
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with discrete graphics: 3-hour, 10-minute battery life 14
3-pin 65 watt/90 watt AC adapter
ENERGY STAR® 4.0
|Special Keys and Controls1
86-/87-/91-key keyboard, 1.7 mm +-0.2mm key travel
Gateway EZ Pad Touchpad pointing device
11 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support, independent US dollar and Euro symbol keys
Illuminated multimedia touch controls: Play/Pause, Stop, Previous, Next, Volume slide, and Mute
One - ExpressCard Type 54
One - Media Card reader
Three - USB 2.0 ports15
One - eSATA port
One - HDMI port with HDCP support1
One - External Display (VGA) port
Two - Headphone/speaker/line-out jacks with one jack supporting S/PDIF
One - Microphone-in jack
One - Ethernet (RJ-45) port
Modem (RJ-11) port
One - DC-in jack for AC adapter
Microsoft® Works 9 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial and Money Essentials
Norton 360 All-in-One Security Suite (60-day trial)
eBay® Desktop shortcut
Adobe® Reader® 9
Adobe® Flash 9
CyberLink® Blu-ray Disc / DVD Solution, featuring PowerDVD and Power2Go
Microsoft® Windows Live Messenger 8.1
Windows® Media Player 11
Online Photo Printing
Bluetooth® 2.1 module
1 GB / 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz SODIMM module
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
1. Specifications vary depending on model.
2. 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
3. Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
4. Wi-Fi® certification is for the WLAN module only.
5. Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
6. Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
7. A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory.
8. For models with discrete graphics.
9. For systems with 4 GB of system memory. The total graphics memory visible to the OS is less than the actual size allocated from the physical memory installed and varies depending on the configuration under a 32-bit OS.
10. For models with integrated graphics.
11. Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
12. 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway backup management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
13. PTT countries: Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Oceania: Australia, New Zealand. N. America: Canada, USA.
14. Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched, and may be reduced if Windows Aero is enabled. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
15. While an eSATA device is plugged in, two USB 2.0 ports remain functional.
16. Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.
Note: This table provides minimum specifications. Actual specifications may vary according to the component options you selected.
Specifications are subject to change regularly without notice or obligation.