TC73 Notebook Series Specifications
TC73Gateway TC73 Notebook Series
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 64-bit With Service Pack 12
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium with Service Pack 1
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic with Service Pack 1
Intel® Pentium® dual-core mobile processor T3400/T4200 (1 MB L2 cache, 2.16/2 GHz, 667/800 MHz FSB, 35 W) or higher, supporting Intel® 64 architecture
- Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset
- Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology3, 4
|System Memory1, 5, 6
Dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM support
Up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory
Upgradeable to 4 GB using two SODIMM modules7
14.0-inch HD 1366 × 768 pixel resolution, high-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD
Supports simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms response time
60% color gamut
Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (Intel® GMA 4500M) with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (128 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1631 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)8 support for digital speakers
160/250/320/500 GB hard disk drive9
Media Card Reader
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Reduced-Size Multimedia Card (RS-MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
- Storage cards with adapter: miniSD, microSD, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo
|Optical Media Drive1
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive featuring Labelflash technology
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Gateway Video Conference, featuring:
WLAN1, 3, 4: Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology
WPAN: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval10
- Integrated HD webcam, featuring 640 × 480 at 30 fps or 1280 × 1024 at 30 fps resolution image capture1
- Built-in microphone
BIOS user, Supervisor, and Hard Drive passwords
Kensington lock slot
|Dimensions and weight1
13.4-inches (W) × 9.5-inches (D) × 1.0/1.5-inches (H) (342 × 241.4 × 26.5/38.9 mm)
5.3 pounds (2.4 kilograms) with 6-cell battery pack and integrated graphics
Note: Weight varies due to component variations and manufacturing options.
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard: Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack:
- 3-hour battery life11
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter
|Special Keys and Controls1
86-/87-/91-key keyboard, 1.7 mm +-0.2mm key travel
Gateway EZ Pad Touchpad pointing device
11 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support, independent US dollar and Euro symbol keys
Illuminated multimedia touch controls: Play/Pause, Stop, Previous, Next, Volume slide, and Mute
One - ExpressCard Type 54
One - Media Card reader
Three - USB 2.0 Ports
One - eSATA port
One - External Display (VGA) port
Two - Headphone/speaker/line-out jacks with one jack supporting S/PDIF
One - Microphone-in jack
One - Ethernet (RJ-45) port
One - Modem (RJ-11) port
One - DC-in jack for AC adapter
Microsoft® Works 9 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial and Money Essentials
Norton 360 All-in-One Security Suite (60-day trial)
eBay® Desktop shortcut
Adobe® Reader® 9
Adobe® Flash 9
CyberLink®DVD Solution, featuring PowerDVD and Power2Go
Microsoft® Windows Live Messenger 8.1
Windows® Media Player 11
Online Photo Printing
Bluetooth® 2.1 module
1 GB / 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz SODIMM module
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
1. Specifications vary depending on model.
2. 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
3. Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
4. Wi-Fi® certification is for the WLAN module only.
5. Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
6. Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
7. A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory.
8. Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
9. 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway backup management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
10. PTT countries: Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Oceania: Australia, New Zealand. N. America: Canada, USA.
11. Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched, and may be reduced if Windows Aero is enabled. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
12. Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.
Note: This table provides minimum specifications. Actual specifications may vary according to the component options you selected.
Specifications are subject to change regularly without notice or obligation.
Components in the computer may have more than one supplier and may be custom engineered to Gateway® specifications, which can vary from retail.