UC73 Series Notebook Specifications
UC73Gateway UC73 Series Notebook
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 64-bit With Service Pack 12
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium with Service Pack 1
Intel® Pentium® dual-core mobile processor T3200/T3400 (1 MB L2 cache, 2/2.16 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 35 W) or higher, supporting Intel® 64 architecture
- Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset
- Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology3, 4
|System Memory1, 5, 6
Dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM support
Up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory
Upgradeable to 4 GB using two SODIMM modules7
13.3-inch WXGA high-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution
Supports simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:10 aspect ratio
16 ms response time
Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD (Intel® GMA 4500MHD) with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (128 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1631 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
160/250/320 GB hard drive8
Media Card Reader
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
|Optical Media Drive1
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Gateway Video Conference, featuring: Integrated 1.3-megapixel webcam, featuring 640 × 480 at 30 fps or 1280 × 1024 at 7 fps resolution image capture
WLAN3, 4, 15: Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology
WPAN: Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
LAN: 10/100 Ethernet
BIOS user, Supervisor, and Hard Drive passwords
Kensington lock slot
|Dimensions and weight1
12.6-inches (W) × 9.4-inches (D) × 1.5-inches (H) (320 (W) × 240 (D) × 37 (H) mm)
5.3 pounds (2.4 kilograms) with 6-cell battery pack
Note: Weight varies due to component variations and manufacturing options.
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard: Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes|
5200 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack: 4-hour battery life9
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack: 3-hour, 16-minute battery life9
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
ENERGY STAR® 4.0
|Special Keys and Controls1
82-/83-key keyboard, 2.5 mm key travel
Gateway EZ Pad Touchpad pointing device
12 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support
Glossy touch-sensitive multimedia panel, featuring: Play/Pause, Stop, Previous, Next, and Volume Slide.
One - ExpressCard 34 slot
One - Media Card reader
Three - USB 2.0 Ports
One - HDMI port with HDCP support
One - External Display (VGA) port
One - Headphone/speaker/line-out jack
One - Microphone-in jack
One - Ethernet (RJ-45) port
One - DC-in jack for AC adapter
Microsoft® Works 9 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial and Money Essentials
Norton 360 All-in-One Security Suite (60-day trial)
eBay® Desktop shortcut
Adobe® Reader® 9.0
Adobe® Flash 9.0
Microsoft® Windows Live Messenger 8.1
Napster® 30-day Music Trial11
Windows® Media Center Player 11
Online Photo Printing
Bluetooth® 2.0 module
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
5200 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
1. Specifications vary depending on model.
2. 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
3. Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
4. Wi-Fi® certification is for the WLAN module only.
5. Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
6. Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
7. A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory.
8. 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway backup management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
9. Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched, and may be reduced if Windows Aero is enabled. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
10. Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.
11. Requires Sun Java software.
Note: This table provides minimum specifications. Actual specifications may vary according to the component options you selected.
Specifications are subject to change regularly without notice or obligation.
Components in the computer may have more than one supplier and may be custom engineered to Gateway® specifications, which can vary from retail.