M-73 Series Notebook Specifications
M-73Gateway M-73 Series Notebook
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® M-73 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (64-bit) with Service Pack 12
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (32-bit) with Service Pack 1
Intel® Pentium® T3400 dual-core processor (2.16 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Pentium® T3200 dual-core processor (2.00 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 5, 6,
Up to 2 GB of dual-channel DDR2 667 MHz memory, upgradeable to 4 GB using two SODIMM modules7
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (Intel® GMA 4500M9) with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (64 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1695 MB of shared system memory).Supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
15.4-inch high-brightness Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD
1920 × 1200 pixel resolution or 1280 × 800 pixel resolution
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:10 aspect ratio
|Hard Drive1, 10,
160, 250, or 320 GB hard drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive featuring LabelFlash Technology:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer),
6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer),
6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
ExpressCard Type 54
Media Card reader
Three USB 2.0 Ports
HDMI port with HDCP support
External Display (VGA) port
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
Modem (RJ-11) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated 1.3-megapixel webcam, featuring 640 × 480 at 30 fps or 1280 × 1024 at 7 fps resolution image capture
Wi-Fi: Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology3, 4, 9,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
Ethernet: 10/100 Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval11
|Keyboard and Mouse
Keyboard: 86, 87, or 89-key keyboard, 2 mm key travel
15 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, embedded numeric keypad, international language support
Brushed-metal precision-touch multimedia control panel1, or smoked-polish touch-sensitive multimedia buttons1 featuring:
Music, DVD, Play/Pause, Stop, Previous, Next, and Mute
Touch Sensitive Volume Slide
Gateway EZ Pad Touchpad with Vertical Scroll
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
2.2 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 3-hour, 49-minute battery life12
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
ENERGY STAR® 4.0
(W × D × H)
0.85 to 1.4-inches (H) × 14.0-inches (W) × 10.1-inches (D)
Approximately 5.87 pounds (with 6-cell battery pack)
Microsoft® Works 9 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial and Money Essentials
Norton 360 All-in-One Security Suite (60-day trial)
eBay® Desktop shortcut
Adobe® Flash 9.0
CyberLink® DVD Solution, featuring PowerDVD and Power2Go
Microsoft® Windows Live Messenger 8.1
Napster® 30-day Music Trial14
Windows® Media Player 11
Online Photo Printing
|Colors and Accessories1
Windows®. Life without Walls. Gateway recommends Windows Vista.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Wi-Fi® certification is for the WLAN module only.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory.
- For models with Intel® Core2 Duo processor.
- For models with Intel® Pentium®/Celeron® dual-core mobile processor.
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway backup management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- PTT countries: Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Oceania: Australia, New Zealand. N. America: Canada, USA.
- Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched, and may be reduced if Windows Aero is enabled. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.
- Requires Sun Java software.