MD73 Series Notebook Specifications
MD73Gateway MD73 Series Notebook
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 64-bit With Service Pack 12
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium with Service Pack 1
Intel® Pentium® dual-core mobile processor T3200/T3400 (1 MB L2 cache, 2/2.16 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 35 W) or higher, supporting Intel® 64 architecture
- Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset
- Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology3, 4
|System Memory1, 5, 6
Dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM support
Up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory
Upgradeable to 4 GB using two SODIMM modules7
15.6-inch HD 1366 × 768 pixel resolution, high-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD
Supports simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms response time
60% color gamut
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 36508 with up to 23049 MB of HyperMemory (512 MB of dedicated DDR2 VRAM, up to 1792 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.1, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
Mobile Intel® GL4011 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M11 (Intel® GMA 4500M) with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (128 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1631 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)12 support for digital speakers
160/250/320/500 GB or larger hard drive13
5-in-1 Digital Card Reader
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Reduced-Size Multimedia Card (RS-MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
- Storage cards with adapter: miniSD, microSD, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo
|Optical Media Drive1
2X Blu-ray Disc/DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X/16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X/4X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD-RW, 6X/4X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 2X BD-ROM, 2X BD-R, 2X BD-RE, 2X BD-ROM DL (double-layer), 2X/1.6X BD-R DL (double-layer), 2X BD-RE DL (double-layer)
- Write: 16X/8X CD-R, 10X/4X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-RW, 4X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X/2.4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 4X/2X DVD-R DL (double-layer)
8X Multi-Format Dual Layer DVDRW with DVD-RAM featuring LabelFlash Technology:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Gateway Video Conference, featuring:
WLAN3, 4, 15: Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology
WPAN: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval16
- Integrated 1.3-megapixel webcam, featuring 640 × 480 at 30 fps or 1280 × 1024 at 7 fps resolution image capture
- Built-in microphones
BIOS user, Supervisor, and Hard Drive passwords
Kensington lock slot
|Dimensions and weight1
- 1.3 to 1.7-inches (H) × 15.2-inches (W) × 10.4-inches (D)
- 32.9/44.3 (H) mm × 387.2 mm (W) × 264.6 mm (D)
Note: Weight varies due to component variations and manufacturing options.
- Approximately 7.1pounds (3.2 kilograms) with 6-cell battery pack and integrated graphics
- Approximately 7.7pounds (3.5 kilograms) with 8-cell battery pack and discrete graphics
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard: Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes|
4800 mAh 8-cell Li-ion battery pack with discrete graphics:
- 4-hour, 16-minute battery life (optimized power consumption)17
- 3-hour, 14-minute battery life (normal use)17
- 3-pin 90 W AC adapter
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with integrated graphics:
ENERGY STAR® 4.0
- 3-hour, 50-minute battery life (optimized power consumption)17
- 3-hour, 5-minute battery life (normal use)17
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter
|Special Keys and Controls1
Keyboard: 86-/87-/91-key keyboard, 1.7 mm +- 0.3 mm key travel
Gateway EZ Pad Touchpad pointing device
11 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support, independent US dollar and Euro symbol keys
Illuminated multimedia touch controls: video, music, Internet, email, instant messenger, play/pause, stop, previous, next, volume slide, and mute
One - ExpressCard Type 54
One - Media Card reader
Four - USB 2.0 Ports
One - HDMI port with HDCP support
One - External Display (VGA) port
Two - Headphone/speaker/line-out jacks with one jack supporting S/PDIF
One - Microphone-in jack
One - Ethernet (RJ-45) port
One - Modem (RJ-11) port
One - DC-in jack for AC adapter
Microsoft® Works 9 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial and Money Essentials
Norton 360 All-in-One Security Suite (60-day trial)
eBay® Desktop shortcut
Adobe® Flash 9.0
CyberLink® Blu-ray Disc /DVD Solution, featuring PowerDVD and Power2Go
Microsoft® Windows Live Messenger 8.1
Napster® 30-day Music Trial19
Windows® Media Player 11
Online Photo Printing
Bluetooth® 2.1 module
1. Specifications vary depending on model.
2. 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
3. Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
4. Wi-Fi ® certification is for the WLAN module only.
5. Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
6. Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
7. A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory.
8. For models with discrete graphics.
9. For systems with 4 GB of system memory. The total graphics memory visible to the OS is less than the actual size allocated from the physical memory installed and varies depending on the configuration under a 32-bit OS.
10. For models with Intel® Core2 Duo processor and integrated graphics.
11. For models with Intel® Pentium®/Celeron® dual-core mobile processor and integrated graphics.
12. Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
13. 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway back up management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
14. For models with Intel® Core2 Duo processor.
15. For models with Intel® Pentium®/Celeron® dual-core mobile processor.
16. PTT countries: Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Oceania: Australia, New Zealand. N. America: Canada, USA.
17. Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched, and may be reduced if Windows Aero is enabled. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
18. Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.
19. Requires Sun Java software.
Note: This table provides minimum specifications. Actual specifications may vary according to the component options you selected.
Specifications are subject to change regularly without notice or obligation.
Components in the computer may have more than one supplier and may be custom engineered to Gateway® specifications, which can vary from retail.