MD26 Series Notebook Specifications
MD26Gateway MD26 Series Notebook
Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate 64-bit with Service Pack 12
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 64-bit with Service Pack 12
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic 64-bit with Service Pack 12
Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate with Service Pack 1
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium with Service Pack 1
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic with Service Pack 1
AMD Better By Design program, featuring:
AMD Turion X2 Ultra dual-core mobile technology ZM-80/ZM-82/ZM-84/ZM-86 (2 MB L2 cache, 2.10/2.20/2.30/2.40 GHz, DDR2 800 MHz) supporting AMD HyperTransport 3.0 technology
AMD Turion X2 dual-core mobile technology RM-70/RM-72 (1 MB L2 cache, 2.0/2.1 GHz, DDR2 800 MHz), supporting AMD HyperTransport 3.0 technology
AMD M780G Chipset
Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring 1x2 MIMO technology3, 4
Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection3, 4
|System Memory1, 5, 6
- Dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM support
- Up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory
- Upgradeable to 4 GB using two SODIMM modules7
15.6-inch HD 1366 × 768 pixel resolution, high-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD|
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
8 ms response time
60% color gamut
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 36508 with up to 23049 MB of HyperMemory (512 MB of dedicated DDR2 VRAM, up to 1792 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.1, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics10 with up to 19199 MB of HyperMemory (256 MB of dedicated system memory, up to 1663 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX 10.0
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
External resolution/refresh rate:
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
- 2048 × 1536: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 × 1440: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1920 × 1200: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 × 1080: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1680 × 945: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 × 1200: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 × 900: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1400 × 1050: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1366 × 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 × 1024: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 × 960: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 × 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 × 720: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1024 × 768: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 800 × 600: 120/100/85/72/60 Hz
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)11 support for digital speakers
160/250/320/500 GB or larger hard drive12
5-in-1 Digital Card Reader
|Optical Media Drive1
2X Blu-ray Disc/DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X/16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X/4X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD-RW, 6X/4X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 2X BD-ROM, 2X BD-R, 2X BD-RE, 2X BD-ROM DL (double-layer), 2X/1.6X BD-R DL (double-layer), 2X BD-RE DL (double-layer)
- Write: 16X/8X CD-R, 10X/4X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-RW, 4X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X/2.4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 4X/2X DVD-R DL (double-layer)
8X Multi-Format Dual Layer DVDRW with DVD-RAM featuring LabelFlash Technology:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Gateway Video Conference, featuring:
WLAN3, 4: Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring 1×2 MIMO technology
WLAN3, 4: Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection
WPAN: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval13
- Integrated 1.3-megapixel webcam, featuring 640 × 480 at 30 fps or 1280 × 1024 at 7 fps resolution image capture
BIOS user, Supervisor, and Hard Drive passwords
Kensington lock slot
|Dimensions and weight1
- 1.3 to 1.7-inches (H) × 15.2-inches (W) × 10.4-inches (D)
- 32.9/44.3 (H) mm × 387.2 mm (W) × 264.6 mm (D)
Note: Weight varies due to component variations and manufacturing options.
- Approximately 7.1pounds (with 6-cell battery pack and integrated graphics)
- Approximately 7.7pounds (with 8-cell battery pack and discrete graphics)
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard: Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes|
4800 mAh 8-cell Li-ion battery pack with discrete graphics:
- 4-hour, 2-minute battery life14
- 3-pin 90 W AC adapter
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with integrated graphics:
ENERGY STAR® 4.0
- 3-hour, 7-minute battery life10
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter
|Special Keys and Controls1
Keyboard: 88-/87-/91-key keyboard, 1.7 mm +- 0.3 mm key travel
Gateway EZ Pad Touchpad pointing device with fingerprint reader1
12 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, embedded numeric keypad, international language support, independent US dollar and Euro symbol keys
Illuminated multimedia touch controls: video, music, Internet, email, instant messenger, play/pause, stop, previous, next, volume slide, mute
One - ExpressCard Type 54
One - Media Card reader
Four - USB 2.0 Ports
One - HDMI port with HDCP support
One - External Display (VGA) port
One - Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
One - Microphone-in jack
One - Ethernet (RJ-45) port
One - Modem (RJ-11) port
One - DC-in jack for AC adapter
Microsoft® Works 9 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial and Money Essentials
Norton 360 All-in-One Security Suite (60-day trial)
eBay® Desktop shortcut
Adobe® Flash 9.0
CyberLink® Blu-ray Disc /DVD Solution, featuring PowerDVD and Power2Go
Microsoft® Windows Live Messenger 8.1
Napster® 30-day Music Trial16
Windows® Media Player 11
Online Photo Printing
Bluetooth® 2.1 module
8-cell Li-ion battery pack
6-cell Li-ion battery pack
3-pin 90 W AC adapter17
3-pin 65 W AC adapter18
1. Specifications vary depending on model.
2. 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
3. Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
4. Wi-Fi ® certification is for the WLAN module only.
5. Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
6. Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
7. A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory.
8. For models with discrete graphics.
9. For systems with 4 GB of system memory. The total graphics memory visible to the OS is less than the actual size allocated from the physical memory installed and varies depending on the configuration under a 32-bit OS.
10. For models with integrated graphics.
11. Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
12. 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway backup management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
13. PTT countries: Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Oceania: Australia, New Zealand. N. America: Canada, USA.
14. Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched, and may be reduced if Windows Aero is enabled. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
15. Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.
16. Requires Sun Java software.
17. For models with discrete graphics.
18. For models with integrated graphics.
Note: This table provides minimum specifications. Actual specifications may vary according to the component options you selected.
Specifications are subject to change regularly without notice or obligation.
Components in the computer may have more than one supplier and may be custom engineered to Gateway® specifications, which can vary from retail.