M-26 Series Notebook Specifications
M-26Gateway M-26 Series Notebook
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium with Service Pack 1
AMD Better By Design program, featuring:
AMD Turion X2 Ultra dual-core mobile technology ZM-80 (2 MB L2 cache, 2.10 GHz, DDR2 800 MHz, 32 W), ZM-82/ZM-84/ZM-86/ZM-88 (2 MB L2 cache, 2.20/2.30/2.40 GHz, DDR2 800 MHz, 35 W) supporting AMD HyperTransport 3.0 technology
AMD Turion X2 dual-core mobile technology RM-70/RM-72/RM-74 (1 MB L2 cache, 2 GHz, DDR2 800 MHz, 31 W), supporting AMD HyperTransport 3.0 technology
AMD M780G Chipset
Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring 1×2 MIMO technology2, 3
|System Memory1, 4, 5
- Dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM support
- Up to 4 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory6
15.4-inch WXGA high-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD
1280 × 800 pixel resolution, supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:10 aspect ratio
8 ms response time
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 36507 with up to 23048 MB of HyperMemory
512 MB of dedicated DDR2 VRAM, up to 1792 MB of shared system memory
Supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.1, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics9 with up to 19198 MB of HyperMemory
256 MB of dedicated system memory, up to 1663 MB of shared system memory
Supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.0
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
External resolution/refresh rate:
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
- 2048 × 1536: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 × 1440: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1920 × 1200: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 × 1080: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1680 × 945: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 × 1200: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 × 900: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1400 × 1050: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1366 × 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 × 1024: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 × 960: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 × 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 × 720: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1024 × 768: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 800 × 600: 120/100/85/72/60 Hz
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
160 to 250 GB hard drive10
Media Card Reader
|Optical Media Drive1
8X Multi-Format Dual Layer DVDRW with DVD-RAM featuring LabelFlash Technology:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Gateway Video Conference, featuring:
WLAN2: Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring 1×2 MIMO technology
WPAN: Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval11
- Integrated 1.3-megapixel webcam, featuring 640 × 480 at 30 fps or 1280 × 1024 at 7 fps resolution image capture
BIOS User, Supervisor, Hard Drive passwords
Kensington lock slot
|Dimensions and weight1
- 0.85 to 1.4-inches (H) × 14.0-inches (W) × 10.1-inches (D)
Note: Weight varies due to component variations and manufacturing options.
- Approximately 5.87 pounds (with 6-cell battery pack)
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard: Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes|
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack: 2-hour, 46-minute battery life12
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
ENERGY STAR® 4.0
|Special Keys and Controls1
Keyboard: 86-/87-/89-key keyboard, 2 mm key travel
Gateway EZ Pad Touchpad with Vertical Scroll
15 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, embedded numeric keypad, international language support
Brushed-metal precision-touch multimedia control panel, featuring: Music, DVD, Play/Pause, Stop, Previous, Next, and Mute
Touch Sensitive Volume Slide
One - ExpressCard Type 54
One - Media Card reader
Three - USB 2.0 Ports
One - HDMI port with HDCP support
One - External Display (VGA) port
One - Headphone/speaker/line-out jack
One - Microphone-in jack
One - Ethernet (RJ-45) port
One - Modem (RJ-11) port
One - DC-in jack for AC adapter
Microsoft® Works 9 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial and Money Essentials
Norton 360 All-in-One Security Suite (60-day trial)
eBay® Desktop shortcut
Adobe® Reader® 9.0
Adobe® Flash 9.0
CyberLink® Blu-ray Disc / DVD Solution, featuring PowerDVD and Power2Go
Microsoft® Windows Live Messenger 8.1
Napster® 30-day Music Trial14
Windows® Media Player 11
Online Photo Printing
Bluetooth® 2.0 module
6-cell Li-ion battery pack
3-pin 65 watt AC adapter
1. Specifications vary depending on model.
2. Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
3. Wi-Fi ® certification is for the WLAN module only.
4. Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
5. Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
6. A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory.
7. For models with discrete graphics.
8. For systems with 4 GB of system memory. The total graphics memory visible to the OS is less than the actual size allocated from the physical memory installed and varies depending on the configuration under a 32-bit OS.
9. For models with integrated graphics.
10. 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway backup management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
11. PTT countries: Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Oceania: Australia, New Zealand. N. America: Canada, USA.
12. Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched, and may be reduced if Windows Aero is enabled. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
13. Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.
14. Requires Sun Java software.
Note: This table provides minimum specifications. Actual specifications may vary according to the component options you selected.
Specifications are subject to change regularly without notice or obligation.
Components in the computer may have more than one supplier and may be custom engineered to Gateway® specifications, which can vary from retail.