Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
MC73, MC7310u, MC7321u, MC78, MC7801u, MC7803u, MC7804h, MC7825u, MD24, MD26,
Q: How do I recalibrate the battery on this notebook?A: If your notebook unexpectedly goes into Sleep mode while you are using it but the battery charge is not low, you may need to recalibrate your battery. You should also recalibrate the battery periodically to maintain the accuracy of the battery gauge.
Select models have the Battery Auto Learning utility programmed into the BIOS. If your notebook does not have this utility in BIOS, use the non-BIOS procedure.
Important: Do not interrupt the battery recalibration process. If recalibration is interrupted, you must start the process over again.
To recalibrate the battery using BIOS:
- Connect the AC adapter, and then turn on your notebook.
- As soon as your notebook starts and you see a startup screen, press F2. The BIOS Setup utility opens.
- In the BIOS Setup utility, open the Advanced menu.
- Select Battery Auto Learning, and then select Enabled by pressing the spacebar.
- Open the Exit menu, select Exit Saving Changes, then press ENTER.
- Select Yes, then press ENTER. The battery recalibration process begins and a screen opens showing you the progress. The entire process takes several hours. When the recalibration has finished, the message "Press [Esc] key to exit" appears.
- Press ESC. The battery charge indicator now displays an accurate battery charge.
To recalibrate the battery without using BIOS:
- Connect your notebook to AC power and let the battery charge completely.
- Disconnect the AC power and restart your notebook.
- Completely discharge the battery.
- After the battery is completely drained, reconnect your notebook to AC power.
- Charge the battery completely until the battery status indicator turns blue.