MC78 Series Notebook Specifications
MC78Gateway MC78 Series Notebook
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® MC78 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 64-bit with Service Pack 12
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium with Service Pack 1
Intel® Core2 Duo processor P9500 (2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 6 MB L2 cache, 25 W)
Intel® Core2 Duo processor P8600 (2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache, 25 W)
Intel® Core2 Duo processor P8400 (2.26 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache, 25 W)
Intel® Core2 Duo processor P7350 (2.00 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache, 25 W)
Intel® Core2 Duo processor T9600 (2.80 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 6 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core2 Duo processor T9400 (2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 6 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core2 Duo processor T5900 (2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core2 Duo processor T5800 (2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Mobile Intel® PM45 or GM45 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 5, 6,
Up to 2 GB of dual-channel DDR2 667 MHz memory upgradeable to 4 GB using two SODIMM modules7
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 36508 with up to 23049 MB of HyperMemory, 512 MB of dedicated DDR2 VRAM, up to 1792 MB of shared system memory, supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.1, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
Mobile Intel® GM4510 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD10 (Intel® GMA 4500MHD) with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (128 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1631 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
16.0-inch HD high-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD
1920 × 1080 pixel resolution or 1366 × 768 pixel resolution
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms response time
60% color gamut
|Hard Drive1, 13,
160, 250, 320, or 500 GB hard drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
2X Blu-ray Disc/DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
8X Multi-Format Dual Layer DVDRW with DVD-RAM featuring LabelFlash Technology:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X/16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X/4X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD-RW, 6X/4X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 2X BD-ROM, 2X BD-R, 2X BD-RE, 2X BD-ROM DL (double-layer), 2X/1.6X BD-R DL (double-layer), 2X BD-RE DL (double-layer)
- Write: 16X/8X CD-R, 10X/4X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-RW, 4X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X/2.4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 4X/2X DVD-R DL (double-layer)
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)12 support for digital speakers
ExpressCard Type 54
Media Card reader
Four USB 2.0 Ports
HDMI port with HDCP support
External Display (VGA) port
Two Headphone/speaker/line-out jacks with one jack supporting S/PDIF
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
Modem (RJ-11) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated 1.3-megapixel webcam, featuring 640 × 480 at 30 fps or 1280 × 1024 at 7 fps resolution image capture
Wi-Fi: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5100 (dual-band quad-mode 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N) Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology3, 4, 14,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval16
|Keyboard and Mouse
86, 87, or 91-key keyboard, 1.7 mm +-0.3 mm key travel
11 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support, independent US dollar and Euro symbol keys
Illuminated multimedia touch controls:
Video, Music, Internet, Email, Instant Messenger, Play/Pause, Stop, Previous, Next, Volume slide, and Mute
Gateway EZ Pad touchpad pointing device
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
3-pin 90 W AC adapter
4800 mAh 8-cell Li-ion battery pack with 4-hour, 16-minute battery life17
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 3-hour, 50-minute battery life17
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
ENERGY STAR® 4.0
(W × D × H)
15.2-inches (W) × 10.4-inches (D) × 1.3/1.7-inches (H)
Approximately 7.1 pounds (3.2 kilograms) with 6-cell battery pack and integrated graphics
Approximately 7.7 pounds (3.5 kilograms) with 8-cell battery pack and discrete graphics
Microsoft® Works 9 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial and Money Essentials
Norton 360 All-in-One Security Suite (60-day trial)
eBay® Desktop shortcut
Adobe® Reader® 9.0
CyberLink® Blu-ray Disc / DVD Solution, featuring PowerDVD and Power2Go
Microsoft® Windows Live Messenger 8.1
Napster® 30-day Music Trial19
Windows® Media Player 11
Online Photo Printing
Windows®. Life without Walls. Gateway recommends Windows Vista.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Wi-Fi® certification is for the WLAN module only.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory.
- For models with discrete graphics.
- For systems with 4 GB of system memory. The total graphics memory visible to the OS is less than the actual size allocated from the physical memory installed and varies depending on the configuration under a 32-bit OS.
- For models with Intel® Core2 Duo processor and integrated graphics.
- For models with Intel® Pentium®/Celeron® dual-core mobile processor and integrated graphics.
- Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway back up management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- For models with Intel® Core2 Duo processor.
- For models with Intel® Pentium®/Celeron® dual-core mobile processor.
- PTT countries: Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Oceania: Australia, New Zealand. N. America: Canada, USA.
- Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched, and may be reduced if Windows Aero is enabled. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.
- Requires Sun Java software.