Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014382R, 1014383R, 1014384R, 1014418R, 2905955R, 2905963R, 2905964R, 2905974R, 2906010R, 2906011R,
The Gateway® convertible notebook's pen is the only device that can write, tap, and input directly on your convertible notebook's display. The pen can do everything a mouse does. Just think "tap" instead of "click".
Note: Unlike previous generations of pens, the new Wacom pen utilizes Electro-magnetic Resonance technology so a battery is not needed.
Note: A finger-tap or PDA stylus has no effect on this convertible notebook's display, and ink pens and other pointed objects could damage the surface. Always use the pen that came with your convertible notebook.
Caution: Do not strike the display too sharply. Although the display is durable, it can break.
|With a mouse:
||With a pen:
|Point and click
||Point and tap
||Button-tap (press the pen button while tapping or press and hold with the pen)
To remove the pen from our convertible notebook:
- Locate the pen latch on the bottom of your convertible notebook.
- Slide the pen latch until the pen is released from the pen holder.
To store the pen in your convertible notebook:
- Locate the pen holder on the front of your convertible notebook.
- Slide the pen into the holder until the pen clicks into place.
Pen Reminder Alarm
Your convertible notebook can sound a series of three beeps if the pen is not in the pen holder when you turn the convertible notebook off or place it in either Standby or Hibernate mode. This feature is shipped from the factory turned off.
To turn on the Pen Reminder Alarm:
- As soon as your convertible notebook starts and you see a startup screen, press F2.
- In the BIOS Setup utility select the Advanced tab.
- On the the Advanced tab, select Pen Reminder Alarm, and then press the spacebar to select Enabled.
- Select the Exit tab. Select Exit Saving Changes, and then press ENTER.