Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014153R, 2905937R, ViperC
Q: How do I change bay modules in the Gateway convertible notebook?A: This convertible notebook's modular bay supports different bay modules, such as a CD, combination DVD/CD-RW, multi-format DVD±RW drive, or multi-bay battery.
Follow these steps to change bay modules.
- If you are removing a drive, verify that there is no disc in it.
- Turn off your convertible notebook (do not place it in Standby or Hibernate mode).
- Verify that the LCD panel is in notebook mode, then close the LCD panel.
- Disconnect your convertible notebook from the optional port replicator.
- Turn your convertible notebook over so the bottom is facing up.
- Remove the modular bay lock screw (if one is present).
- Slide and hold the module bay latch. The module should move out slightly.
- Slide the module out.
- Firmly push the new module straight into the bay until the latch clicks into place.
- Replace the module bay lock screw (if one is present).
- If you are using a multi-bay battery instead of a main battery, insert the weight saver that was included with your multi-bay battery into the main battery bay.