Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014153R, 2905937R, ViperC
Q: How do I add or remove a battery from the multi-bay in the Gateway convertible notebook?A: This convertible notebook's modular bay accepts a multi-bay battery. The multi-bay battery charges when the notebook is connected to AC power.
Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with a battery specifically manufactured for your Gateway convertible notebook. Discard used
batteries according to local hazardous material regulations.
The battery used in this device may present a fire or chemical burn hazard if mishandled. Do not disassemble, heat above 212° F (100° C), or incinerate. Dispose of used battery promptly. Keep away from children.
Caution: If you are using a multi-bay battery instead of a main battery, insert the weight saver that was included with your multi-bay battery into the main battery bay.
To install a multi-bay battery, follow these steps for changing bay modules.
- If you are removing a drive, verify that there is no disc in it.
- Turn off your convertible notebook (do not place it in Standby or Hibernate mode).
- Verify that the LCD panel is in notebook mode, then close the LCD panel.
- Disconnect your convertible notebook from the optional port replicator.
- Turn your convertible notebook over so the bottom is facing up.
- Remove the modular bay lock screw (if one is present).
- Slide and hold the module bay latch. The module should move out slightly.
- Slide the module out.
- Firmly push the new module straight into the bay until the latch clicks into place.
- Replace the module bay lock screw (if one is present).
- If you are using a multi-bay battery instead of a main battery, insert the weight saver that was included with your multi-bay battery into the main battery bay.