Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014153R, 2905937R, ViperC
Q: How do I recalibrate the battery on the Gateway convertible notebook?A: If your convertible notebook unexpectedly goes into Standby mode while you are using it but the battery charge is not low, you may need to recalibrate your main and optional multibay battery. You should also recalibrate the batteries periodically to maintain the accuracy of the battery gauges.
Follow these steps to recalibrate the batteries:
- Connect the AC adapter, and then turn on the notebook.
- As soon as the notebook starts and you see the startup screen, press F2.
- In the BIOS Setup Utility, select the Advanced menu.
- On the Advanced menu, select Battery Auto Learning, and then press the spacebar to select Enabled.
- Select the Exit menu, and then select Exit Saving Changes. Press the ENTER key.
- Select Yes, and then press ENTER.
- The battery recalibration process begins and a screen opens showing you the progress. The entire process takes several hours.
- When the recalibration has finished, at the prompt Press [Esc] key to exit , press ESC. The battery charge indicator now displays an accurate battery charge.