Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014328R, 1014329R, 1014330R, 1014331R, 1014335R, 1014336R
Q: How do I install a secondary battery in this notebook's modular bay?A: This notebook's modular bay supports different modular components, including a secondary battery.
Follow these steps to install a secondary battery in the modular bay.
- If you are removing an optical or floppy disk drive, verify that it is empty.
- Verify that the notebook is not in Sleep or Hibernate mode.
- Close the LCD panel.
- Disconnect your notebook from the optional port replicator.
- Turn your notebook over so the bottom is facing up.
- Remove the optional security screw if your notebook has one.
- Slide the modular bay release latch.
- The modular bay component moves out slightly.
- Slide the modular bay component out.
- Firmly push the modular bay battery straight into the bay until the latch clicks into place.
- Reinstall the optional security screw if your notebook has one.
- Connect the optional port replicator.