Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014328R, 1014329R, 1014330R, 1014331R, 1014335R, 1014336R
Q: How do I replace the component in this notebook's modular bay?A: This notebook's modular bay supports different bay modules, such as a CD drive, DVD drive, combination DVD/CD-RW drive, DVD±RW drive, a second hard drive, a floppy disk drive, or a secondary battery.
Caution: Turn off your notebook if you are removing the optional secondary battery and the notebook does not have a charged main battery and is not directly connected to AC power.
Follow these steps to replace the module.
- If you are removing an optical or floppy disk drive, verify that it is empty.
- Verify that the notebook is not in Sleep or Hibernate mode.
- Close the LCD panel.
- Disconnect your notebook from the optional port replicator.
- Turn your notebook over so the bottom is facing up.
- Remove the drive security screw.
- Slide the modular bay release latch.
- The modular bay component moves out slightly.
- Slide the modular bay component out.
- Firmly push the new modular bay component straight into the bay until the latch clicks into place.
- Reinstall drive security screw.
- Connect the optional port replicator.