Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1009550, 1014120R, 1014142R, 1014190R, 1014192R, 1014199R, 1014201R, 1014289R, 1014300R, 1014352R,
1014372R, 1014396R, 1014398R, 1014423R, 1014485R, 1014494R, 1014526R, 1014534R, 1014536R, 1014550R,
1014552R, 1014553R, 1014575R, 1014577R, 1014608R, 1014617R, 1014624R, 1014626R, 1014636R, 1014638R,
1014654R, 1014788R, 1014789R, 2905919R, 2905923R
Q: How do I add or replace memory modules in this notebook?A: This notebook has two DDR2 sockets (one on top of the other) that accept 533 MHz DDR2 dual channel memory modules. Maximum supported memory is 2 GB.
Note: There is not a Slot 1/Slot 2 designation for the modules. Any size module may be used in any available slot.
Warning: Disconnect the power adapter and the modem and network cables. Remove the battery before removing the hard drive bay cover. Replace the cover before restoring power or reconnecting the modem and network cables.
- Before beginning, review electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions.
- Shut down the computer, and then disconnect the power adapter.
- Disconnect the modem and network cables.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove any ExpressCards.
- Turn the computer over, and then remove the battery.
- Slide the battery lock to the unlock position.
- Slide the battery release latch.
- Slide the battery out of the bay.
- Loosen the memory bay cover screw (this screw cannot be removed).
- Carefully so you do not break the tabs located at the opposite end of the cover screw, lift the memory bay cover off.
- To remove a memory module:
- Locate the two clips on each side of a memory module and slowly press outward on the two clips at the same time until the module tilts upward.
- Pull the memory module out of the slot.
- To remove a second module, repeat steps a. and b.
- To install a memory module:
- Hold the new or replacement module at a 30-degree angle and press it into the empty memory slot. This module is keyed so that it can only be inserted in one direction. If the module does not fit, verify that the notch in the module lines up with the tab in the memory bay.
- Gently push down on the SO-DIMM and make sure that the two clips on each side of the SODIMM click into place.
- Replace the memory bay cover, and then tighten the bay cover screw.
- Insert the battery, and then turn the computer over.
- Connect the AC adapter, modem and network cables, and then turn on the computer.
- Reconnect all peripheral devices and replace any PC cards.