||These are the two memory slots on the motherboard. The slots support the following:
- 240-pin DDR2 533 or DDR2 400 MHz SDRAM dual inline memory modules (DIMMs)
- 1.8 V (only) non-ECC DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
- Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction:
Double-sided DIMMS with x16 organization are not supported
- Serial Presence Detect
- 128 MB minimum total system memory
- 2 GB maximum total system memory
This motherboard supports the following two types of memory organization:
- Dual channel (interleaved) mode - This mode offers the highest throughput for real world applications. Dual channel mode is enabled when the installed memory capacities of both DIMM channels are equal. Technology and device width can vary from one channel to the other but the installed memory capacity for each channel must be equal. If different speed DIMMs are used between channels, the slowest memory timing is used.
- Single channel (asymmetric) mode - This mode is equivalent to single channel bandwidth operation for real world applications. This mode is used when only a single DIMM is installed or the memory capacities are unequal. Technology and device width can vary from one channel to the other. If different speed DIMMs are used between channels, the slowest memory timing is used.