Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014267R, 1014268R, 1014299R, 1014304R, 1200335, 1200339, 1200347, 1200348, 4001152, 4001152R,
E-4610D SB, E-4610S SB, E-4610S, E-4500S SB, E-4500S SBQ: How to I disable the on-board LAN on this motherboard?A: By default, the Intel® (Mickelson Trail) Q965 motherboard does not allow the integrated LAN to be disabled because Active Management Technology (AMT) requires it. This is by design and no corrective action is necessary. However, by changing AMT settings, the LAN can then be disabled.
By default the AMT or Intel Management Engine, as it is called in the BIOS Setup Utility, is enabled but not active until a password is set. Until a password is set, the On-board LAN setting cannot be changed in the BIOS Setup Utility. To set an Intel Management Engine password, and then disable the LAN, perform the following steps.
- Turn on or restart the computer, and then press the F2 key when prompted during POST to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
- In the BIOS Setup Utility, use the RIGHT ARROW key to select Intel(R) ME.
- On the Intel(R) ME screen, select Enter Intel(R) Management Engine Password, and then enter the password.
Note: The default password is admin. Instructions on the screen explain how to set a new password, which allows you access to the Intel(R) ME options.
- After setting a password and logging in, on the Intel(R) ME screen select Intel Management Engine Configuration, and then press ENTER.
- In the Intel(R) Management Engine Configuration screen, select Manageability Feature, and then change its setting to None.
- Press the F10 key to Save and Exit, and then press the Y key for Yes. The computer restarts.
- Press F2 when prompted during POST to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
- In the BIOS Setup Utility, select Advanced.
- On the Advanced screen, select Peripheral Configuration, and then press ENTER.
- On the Peripheral Configuration screen, the On-board LAN setting can now be changed from Enable to Disable.