Wake on Ring
The operation of Wake on Ring can be summarized as follows:
- Turns on the computer from either the APM soft-off mode or the ACPI S5 state
- Requires two calls to access the computer:
- First call turns on the computer
- Second call allows access when the appropriate software is loaded
- Detects incoming call differently for external as opposed to internal modems:
- For external modems, motherboard hardware monitors the ring indicator (RI) input of serial port A. Serial port B does not support this feature.
- For internal modems, a cable must be routed from the modem to a Wake on Ring connector on the NLX riser, if supported by the riser.
Resume on ring
The operation of Resume on ring can be summarized as follows:
- Resumes operation from either the APM sleep mode or the ACPI S1 state
- Requires only one call to access the computer
- Detects incoming call similarly for external and internal modems; does not use the Wake on Ring connector
- Requires that the modem interrupt be unmasked for correct operation