Connecting the Monitor
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
7010670R, 7010671R, 7010936R
Use the following steps to connect your computer and other video sources to your monitor.
- Position your computer and the monitor so you can reach the back of each.
- Make sure that your computer is turned off, and then connect the DVI video cable to the DVI video port (white) on the back of the computer.
Note: If your computer does not have a DVI port, connect the VGA video cable to the VGA (blue) port.
- Connect the other end of the video cable to the matching video port on the back of your monitor.
- Connect other video sources (such as a DVD player, video camera, or video receiver) to the appropriate jack on the back of the monitor.
- For basic video quality, connect your video device's S-Video jack to the corresponding jack on the back of the monitor. (Cable may not be included.)
- For better video quality, connect your video device's composite jack to the corresponding jack on the back of the monitor. (Cable may not be included.)
- For best video quality, connect your video device's component video jacks (green Y, blue Pb, and red Pr) or HMDI jacks to the corresponding jacks on the back of the monitor. (Cables may not be included.)
- Connect the audio inputs that correspond to the video inputs. See your User's Guide for more information.
- Plug the power cord into the power connector under the back of the monitor. The power cord locks into place.
Note: Connect the power adapter to the monitor before plugging the adapter into a wall socket.
- Plug the AC power cord into the AC power adapter, and then plug the adapter into a power outlet. It is recommended that you use a surge protector to protect your monitor from voltage spikes.
- To make sure that the monitor's power is correctly connected, check the power touch button on the front button panel. The power icon on the power button glows blue when plugged in or amber when no source is detected. The button glows purple when the monitor is turned off. If the power icon is not visible, power is not connected.