Audio and Video Connections
7004678Gateway LN520 Receiver R0
These are the audio and video connections on the rear of the Gateway® LN520 Receiver. These connections allow you to connect a number of audio and video devices at the same time.
This unit incorporates S-Video (black) and composite video (yellow RCA) jacks. These jacks are located along the top of the A/V connections block, and are identified in the graphics. If your components support it, S-Video connections produce a better picture quality than composite.
- For each video connection, Video 1, Video 2, or Video 3, you can use either the S-Video or the composite video jack, but do not use both. For example, if you connect an S-Video cable between Video In 1 and a device such as a DVD player, do not connect a composite video cable from the yellow Video 1 In jack to a device.
- You do not need to use the same type of connection (S-Video or composite video) for all the video connections. For example, Video 1 may use an S-Video connection while Video 2 uses a composite video connection.
- Video 1 In - Connect devices such as a VCR, DVD player, or DVD recorder or other digital video recording component.
- Video 1 Out - Connect devices such as a TV or other display device.
- Video 2 and 3 In - Connect additional video components such as a cable TV tuner, an LD player or satellite system.
- In/output - A signal input to the composite Video In jacks is output to the composite Video Out jack.
A signal input to the S-Video In jacks is output to the S-Video Out jacks and the composite Monitor 1 and 2 Video Out jacks.
- Connect a device's left and right audio channels to the audio connectors that correspond to the video connection made. For example, if you have a DVD player connected using the Video 1 In connection, connect it's audio channels to the Video 1 In audio jacks.
- The Aux jacks may be connected to an additional audio component such as a CD player or a tape deck.
- The Tape In/Out jacks can be connected to Play (Out)/Rec (In) jacks of an MD recorder.
- Connect surround sound speakers to the 7 CH DIRECT INPUT jacks.