D - Extended Test
The Extended Test option performs a detailed scan of the selected drive. The test time will vary depending on the size and speed of the hard drive. The performance of the computer also affects the test time. For example, a 160 GB hard drive may take over an hour and a 500 GB hard drive may take over 2 hours to complete the test.
Note: Back up all data before proceeding.
- Boot to the GWSCAN media.
- In the GWSCAN menu, select option 1 to run GWSCAN.
- From the GWSCAN 5.12 - Data Lifeguard Diagnostics main menu, press the DOWN ARROW key to select Extended Test, and then press ENTER.
- On the Extended Test screen, press the R key.
- The test is run.
- When the Full Media Scan is complete, to return to the main menu, press the ESC key.
- Additional options may be selected at this time, or to exit the program, press the DOWN ARROW key to select Quit.
- Restart the computer.