C - Quick Test
The Quick Test performs a 1-2 minute 'intelligent' test of the selected drive. The Quick Test can determine with a high level of confidence that a drive is defect-free in a short amount of time. For maximum confidence, the Extended Test is recommended.
Note: Back up all data before proceeding.
- Boot to the GWSCAN media.
- In the GWSCAN menu, select option 1 to run GWSCAN.
- From the GWSCAN 5.12 - Data Lifeguard Diagnostics main menu, press the DOWN ARROW key to select Quick Test, and then press ENTER.
- On the Quick Test screen, to begin the test, press the R key.
- The test runs.
- When the test is complete, to return to the main menu, press the ESC key.
- Additional options may be selected at this time, or to exit the program, press the DOWN ARROW key to select Quit.
- Restart the computer.