B - Check SMART Status
The Check Smart Status option checks the Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (SMART) status of the hard drive. SMART is a monitoring system built into most modern hard drives. It helps prevent data loss by checking for any errors or emerging defects on the hard drive and then informing the user of the potential problem.
Note: Back up all data before proceeding.
- Boot to the GWSCAN media.
- In the GWSCAN menu, select option 1 to run GWSCAN.
- From the GWSCAN 5.12 - Data Lifeguard Diagnostics main menu, press the DOWN ARROW key to select Check Smart Status, and then press ENTER.
- When the Smart Status test is complete, to return to the main menu press the ESC key.
- Additional options may be selected at this time, or to exit the program, press the DOWN ARROW key to select Quit.
- Restart the computer.