Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
2520516, 2521012, 2521671
Q: How do I troubleshoot poor video quality when watching recorded TV with the Gateway DVD Recorder?A:
- Make sure that the disc is not dirty or flawed.
- Make sure that the video cable is connected correctly and securely.
- If the picture output from your recorder goes through your VCR to get to your TV, the copy-protection signal used on some DVDs could diminish the picture quality. Ensure the VCR head has been cleaned to ensure a quality picture and audio.
- Try connecting the recorder directly to the TV. If you still experience problems, try connecting your recorder to your S-Video input on the TV.
- If your TV has more than one type of video connection, try a different type connection.
- Record in a higher quality setting for the recording mode. Depending on the signal strength, this can also affect the audio output since the audio may have dropped frames in lower quality mode.
- Update to the latest firmware version available for the DVD Recorder.
- Go into the Setup mode, TV Tuner option. Adjust the Fine setting. Normally this is set to 0.