Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
2520516, 2521012, 2521671
Q: How do I troubleshoot no sound when media is playing in the Gateway DVD Recorder?A: Perform the following steps one by one, testing after each to determine if sound is working. Use only the steps you need to resolve the issue.
- Make sure that all audio cables are securely plugged in at both ends.
- If any audio or speaker cables are damaged, replace them.
- Make sure that the volume is turned up on your TV. Ensure that the volume is not muted.
- Make sure that the recorder's audio settings match your TV and audio system settings.
- No audio is heard when the recorder is in Pause, Slow Motion, or Fast Forward/Fast Reverse mode. Press the button on the remote control to return to normal playback mode.