Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I troubleshoot media that does not play in the Gateway AR-230 DVD Recorder?A:
- Verify that the media you are trying to play is compatible with the Gateway® AR-230 DVD Recorder.
- Ensure there are no scratches or smudges on the DVD media.
- Make sure that there is a disc in the tray.
- If the disc has two playable sides, make sure that the side you want to play is facing down in the tray.
- If you are using the remote control, make sure that the batteries are inserted correctly and that they have adequate charge.
Replace the batteries if needed.
- The region code on the DVD may not be Region 1 (North America).
- In humid conditions, moisture may have condensed inside the recorder. Remove the DVD and leave the recorder turned on for about half an hour to dry the condensation.