Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I set up the parental controls on the Gateway DVD Recorder?A:
- Make sure that the DVD recorder is turned on.
- On the DVD recorder's remote control, press the Setup button.
- On the Setup menu screen, press the arrow buttons to select Playback, and then press the Enter button.
- On the Playback screen, press the arrow buttons to select Parental, and then press the Enter button.
- On the Parental screen, press the arrow buttons to highlight the On setting in the right pane.
Note: To later disable parental control, perform steps 1 to 5, but select Off in the Parental screen.
- After parental control is enabled, press the arrow buttons to select the rating you want. Any DVD with the rating you choose and all ratings above it are blocked. For example, if you choose 4-PG13, discs with a rating of 4 through 8 are blocked. For a list of the ratings, see the "Playback" section of the User's Guide.
- Press the number buttons to enter your password. If you have not set a password, enter 8008. For more information about passwords, see the "Setting a password" section of the User's Guide.
When you try to play a disc with a blocked rating, the DVD may not play properly.