Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I manually record a TV program?A: To record a TV channel:
- Turn on the TV.
- Make sure the Gateway DVD Recorder is turned on.
- Place a disc label side up into the disc tray. If you are using a new DVD+RW disc, your DVD recorder formats the disc.
- Press the Source button one or more times to select TV.
- Press the CH (channel) up or down button to select the channel you want to record.
- If you want to change the quality of the recording, open the Setup menu, and then select Quality from the Record option. For more information about using the Setup menu, see the "Using the Setup menu" section of the User's Guide.
- Press the Record button to start the recording.
- Press the (Stop) button to stop the recording.
Note: If you choose, you can turn the TV off, and it will continue to record.
When you are recording a TV channel, you can also:
- Press the Pause button to pause the recording. Press the Pause button again to resume the recording.
- Press the Display button to view recording information, such as the recording quality and time.
After you are finished recording, you can edit the disc information. For more information, see the "Editing a disc" section of the User's Guide.
You can add additional recordings to a DVD+RW disc. You can also add recordings to a DVD+R as long as you have not finalized the disc.