Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I set up the Gateway AR230 to display S-Video?A: Before enabling the Gateway AR230 DVD Recorder to display S-Video, you must first connect the DVD recorder to your TV using the included composite audio/video cable and an S-Video cable (not included). Refer to the User's Guide for more information.
After the cables are correctly connected, perform the following steps to enable the S-Video out setting.
- Verify that the Gateway AR230 DVD recorder is turned on.
- Verify your TV is set to use the composite signal, generally this is an AV input selection. Refer to you TV User's Guide if necessary.
- On the Gateway DVD Recorder remote control, to open the on-screen display (OSD), press the Setup button.
- On Setup menu, if System is not selected, press the Up or Down button to select it. With System selected, press the Right button to access the System options.
- Press the Up or Down button to select Video Output, and then press the Enter button.
- On the Video Output menu, press the Right button to select the sub-options.
- Press the Up or Down button to select S-Video, and then press the Enter button.
- Quickly change the TV input selection to S-Video.
Note: It is necessary to switch to the S-Video input on your TV quickly because the Gateway AR230 Setup program reverts back to the default setting if the question in step 8 is not answered in a timely manner.
- When prompted Do you want to keep this selection?, press the Left button to select YES, and then press Enter.
- Press the Setup button to close the Setup menu.