I have lost or forgotten my login password.
Troubleshooting lost or forgotten passwords:
- Make sure Caps Lock is turned off.
- For Notebook computers, make sure Num Lock is turned off.
- If the password has special characters in it (examples: ! * $ # +), make sure you press the SHIFT key (not the CTRL key) when entering the password.
- Try these common default passwords:
- Leave password field blank
- If you are unable to correcly enter the password after using the previous steps, the only option is a format and reload of the computer with all data removed from the drive. Answers By Gateway can assist you with this procedure.