Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008695, 1008696, 1008697, 1008992, 1008993, 102425, 3502068, 5429, 5476, 5488,
WME003668-04-04, WME003668-04-05, WME003668-07-00
FX510S, FX510X, FX510XL, FX510XG, FX510XT, GX7022E, GX7018E, GX7010jQ: How do I remove and replace the media card reader or floppy disk drive in the Gateway 7-bay BTX computer case?A: Remove the device
Replace the device
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer's right side panel.
- Remove the computer's front bezel.
- Inside the case, locate the external 3.5-inch drive bays near the front of the case above the large green air duct.
- Disconnect the device's cables.
- Media card reader - Follow the unit's USB cable to its connection on the motherboard. Note this connection location, and then disconnect the cable.
- Floppy disk drive - At the rear of the drive, disconnect the power and data cables.
- Slide the 3.5-inch drive bay release lever toward the rear of the case. When the bay is unlocked, an unlock symbol is visible.
- Slide the device out of the front of the case. If removing the media card reader, take care that the unit's cable does not catch on any internal components.
- At the front of the case, if applicable, route the media card reader's cable through the bay. Slide the unit into the bay.
- Lock the device into place by sliding the 3.5-inch drive bay release lever toward the front of the case.
- Connect the device's cables.
- Media card reader - Connect the USB cable to the motherboard.
- Floppy disk drive - Connect the drive's power and data cables to the rear of the drive.
- Replace the computer's front bezel.
- Replace the right side panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.