Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008695, 1008696, 1008697, 1008992, 1008993, 102425, 3502068, 5429, 5476, 5488,
WME003668-04-04, WME003668-04-05, WME003668-07-00
FX510S, FX510X, FX510XL, FX510XG, FX510XT, GX7022E, GX7018E, GX7010jQ: How do I remove and replace the hard drive in the Gateway 7-bay BTX computer case?A: Remove the hard drive
Replace the hard drive
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer's right side panel.
- Inside the case, locate the hard drive bays near the lower front corner.
- At the rear of the hard drive, disconnect the power and signal cables.
- Slide the hard drive bay release lever toward the outside of the case.
- Slide the hard drive out of the bay.
- Slide the hard drive into the bay.
- Lock the drive into place by sliding the hard drive bay release lever toward the inside of the case.
- Connect the signal and power cables to the rear of the hard drive.
- Replace the right side panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.