Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are some cleaning and storage tips should I follow for my camera?A: Cleaning
- If the camera or the outside of the lens is dirty, gently wipe it with a soft, clean, dry cloth. If the
camera or lens comes in contact with sand, gently blow away loose particles. Wiping may scratch the surface.
- To clean the lens surface, first blow away any dust or sand, then, if necessary, moisten a lens tissue
or soft cloth with lens cleaning fluid and gently wipe the lens.
- Never use organic solvents to clean the camera.
- Never touch the lens surface with your fingers.
- Store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated place away from dust and chemicals.
- For very long periods, store the camera in an airtight container with a silica gel drying agent.
- Remove the batteries or the CompactFlash card from the camera when not in use for an extended period.
- Do not store the camera in a closet with mothballs.
- We recommend you to press the shutter-release button sometimes during storage. Also, check the
camera's operation to make sure it is functioning properly before using.