Transferring Recorded Images and Movies to Your Computer
To transfer images and movies from the camera to your computer, follow these steps:
- Installing the USB driver (only if you have Windows 98)
- Connecting the camera to your computer
- Downloading images/video clips
Step 1: Installing the USB driver
The USB driver on the CD is exclusively for Windows 98 and does not need to be installed if you have Windows Me, Windows 2000, or Windows XP.
- Place the CD that came with the camera into the CD/DVD drive.
- In the opening window, click Install USB Driver.
- In the Welcome dialog box, click Next.
- In the Start Installation dialog box, click Next.
- In the Installation Complete dialog box, click Finish.
- In the Install dialog box, click OK to restart the computer.
Step 2: Connecting the camera to your computer
Look for a new "removable disk" icon appearing in the My Computer window (Windows XP and Windows 2000 examples). Your recorded images/video clips will be in a folder on this "removable disk".
- Connect one end of the USB cable to an available USB port on your computer.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the USB connector on the camera. The camera will automatically power on.
- The USB MODE menu appears on the LCD monitor.
- Press the arrow up or arrow down button on the camera to select DISK DRIVE and press the OK button of the camera. DISK DRIVE is displayed on the LCD monitor.
- From the Windows desktop, double-click the My Computer icon.
Note: When transferring images to the computer, there is no need to install any batteries into the camera. The camera automatically powers on when connected to the computer via USB cable.
Step 3: Downloading images/movies
When the camera is turned on and connected to your computer, it is considered to be a disk drive, just like a floppy disk drive or CD/DVD drive. You can download (transfer) images by copying them from the "removable disk" to your computer hard drive.
- Open the "removable disk" by double-clicking it.
- Double-click the folder.
- Your images are inside the folder(s).
- Select the images that you want, then from the Edit menu, click Copy. Open the destination location. From the Edit menu, click Paste. You may also drag and drop image files from the camera to a desired location.