Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008521, 1008522, 1008523, 1008524, 1008576, 1008578, 1008787, 1008789, 1200347, 1200348,
3502070, WME1T506-015, WMEIT506-001
E-4500S SB, E-4500S, E-2500S SB, E-2500S, S-5000S, S-5200S, E-2600S SB, E-2600S, E-4500S SB, E-4500S SB
Q: How do I remove and replace memory in the 3-bay micro-BTX case?A: Remove memory
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord and all external device cables.
- Remove the power supply. (This link opens in a new browser window.)
Note: Carefully follow all the instructions for removing the power supply. The steps include removing all other components that must be removed before memory can be removed.
- The memory slots are located near one edge of the motherboard and near the floppy disk drive cage..
- Press the retention clips at each end of the slot away from the memory DIMM.
- Lift the memory DIMM out of the slot. Do not touch the chips on the DIMM.
Note: If adding a new memory DIMM to a previously unused slot, open the slot's retention clips before installing the DIMM.
- Align the memory DIMM with the slot. Do not touch the chips on the DIMM.
- Press the DIMM firmly into the slot, and then ensure that the retention clips have flipped up into place to secure the DIMM in the slot.
- Replace the power supply (includes instructions for replacing all other components previously removed).
- Connect the external device cables and power cord, and then turn on the computer.