Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008521, 1008522, 1008523, 1008524, 1008576, 1008578, 1008787, 1008789, 1200347, 1200348,
3502070, WME1T506-015, WMEIT506-001
E-4500S SB, E-4500S, E-2500S SB, E-2500S, S-5000S, S-5200S, E-2600S SB, E-2600S, E-4500S SB, E-4500S SB
Q: How do I remove and replace the power supply in the 3-bay micro-BTX case?A: Note: A large number of cables are disconnected during this process. Before disconnecting them, carefully note the locations and cable orientations for later use.
Remove the power supply
Replace the power supply
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord and all external device cables.
- Remove the access panel.
- Remove the front bezel.
- Disconnect the power and data cables from the rear of the optical drive.
- Lift the optical drive cage out of the case, and then set it aside.
- Disconnect only the power cable from the rear of the floppy disk drive. The wide, flat data cable can remain connected.
- Lift the center bracket up a short distance, and then disconnect the power and signal cables from the hard drive. Set the bracket aside.
- Note all remaining power supply connections, and then disconnect them.
- At the rear of the computer case, remove the four screws that secure the power supply in the case.
- Remove the power supply from the case.
- Place the power supply in the case, and then secure it with four screws.
- Connect power leads to the motherboard.
- Connect the power cable to the rear of the floppy disk drive.
- Route the power and data cables for the optical drive to the area where the drive will be. This is so that they are routed correctly for a later step.
- Hold the center bracket close to the case, and then connect the hard drive power and signal cables to the rear of the hard drive.
- Place the center bracket in the case so that the arrow markings on each end align with the arrow markings on the case.
- Place the optical drive cage into the case. Round knob-like extrusions on the front corners of the drive cage fit into U-shaped slots in the case.
- Connect power and data cables to the rear of the optical drive.
- Replace the front bezel.
- Replace the access panel.
- Connect the external device cables and power cord, and then turn on the computer.