Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008521, 1008522, 1008523, 1008524, 1008576, 1008578, 1008787, 1008789, 1200347, 1200348,
3502070, WME1T506-015, WMEIT506-001
E-4500S SB, E-4500S, E-2500S SB, E-2500S, S-5000S, S-5200S, E-2600S SB, E-2600S, E-4500S SB, E-4500S SB
Q: How do I remove and replace the floppy disk drive in the 3-bay micro-BTX case?A: Remove
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord and all external device cables.
- Remove the access panel.
- Remove the front bezel.
- Inside the case, the floppy disk drive cage is located in the lower front left corner of the case, below the optical drive cage.
- Lift the optical drive cage up, and then place it top down on the power supply or center bracket. Take care not to pull on the cables connected to the drive.
- The floppy disk drive cage is now exposed.
- Disconnect the power and data cables from the rear of the floppy disk drive.
- Slide the drive release latch toward the outside of the drive cage, into the unlocked position.
- Pull the floppy disk drive out of the front of the drive cage.
- Slide the floppy disk drive into the cage, connector end first.
- Align the rear of the drive so that it is flush with the rear of the drive cage, and then slide the release latch toward the middle of the cage, into the locked position.
- Connect the power and data cables to the rear of the floppy disk drive.
- Turn the optical drive cage top up, and then place it in the case. Round knob-like extrusions on the front corners of the drive cage fit into U-shaped slots in the case.
- Replace the front bezel.
- Replace the access panel.
- Connect the external device cables and power cord, and then turn on the computer.