Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008521, 1008522, 1008523, 1008524, 1008576, 1008578, 1008787, 1008789, 1200347, 1200348,
3502070, WME1T506-015, WMEIT506-001
E-4500S SB, E-4500S, E-2500S SB, E-2500S, S-5000S, S-5200S, E-2600S SB, E-2600S, E-4500S SB, E-4500S SB
Q: How do I remove and replace the front ports assembly on the 3-bay micro-BTX case?A: Remove the front ports assembly
Replace the front ports assembly
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord and all external device cables.
- Remove the access panel.
- If you are only replacing the ports board and housing, skip to the step 4. If you are also replacing the front ports cables, remove the power supply. (This link opens in a new window.)
Note: If applicable, carefully follow all the instructions for removing the power supply. The steps include removing all other components that must be removed before the front ports cables can be removed.
- The front ports assembly is located at the front right corner of the case.
- Inside the case, note the cable connections on the front ports board, and then disconnect the cables.
- On the front of the case, remove the screw that secures the front ports assembly to the case.
- Swing the ports assembly to the right, and then remove it from the case.
- At the front of the case, hold the front ports assembly with audio ports at the top, and then insert the flange on the right side of the assembly into the case.
- Hold the assembly to the front of the case, and then secure it with one screw.
- Connect the front ports cables to the assembly.
- If you are also replacing the front ports cables, perform the following steps. Otherwise, skip to step 5.
- Route the front ports cables through the cable ties on the side of the case, and then connect them to the motherboard.
- Replace the power supply. (Includes steps for replacing all other components removed previously.)
- Replace the access panel.
- Connect the external device cables and power cord, and then turn on the computer.