Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008521, 1008522, 1008523, 1008524, 1008576, 1008578, 1008787, 1008789, 1200347, 1200348,
3502070, WME1T506-015, WMEIT506-001
E-4500S SB, E-4500S, E-2500S SB, E-2500S, S-5000S, S-5200S, E-2600S SB, E-2600S, E-4500S SB, E-4500S SB
Q: How do I remove and replace the intrusion switch in the 3-bay micro-BTX case?A: Remove the intrusion switch
Replace the intrusion switch
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord and all external device cables.
- Remove the access panel.
- Lift the center bracket up a short distance, and then disconnect the power and signal cables from the hard drive. Set the bracket aside.
- Inside the case, the intrusion switch is located on the front wall of the case near the air duct.
- Follow the intrusion switch cable to its connection on the motherboard. Note the location, and then disconnect the cable.
- Free the cable from any cables ties it is routed through.
- At the front of the case, there are two tabs that secure the intrusion switch to the case. Using a small tool, such as a screw driver, or with your finger, press and hold the larger tab toward the smaller tab.
- Press the larger tab toward the rear of the case to free it.
- Remove the intrusion switch from the case.
- Inside the case, insert the smaller tab on the intrusion switch into the slot in the case, and then guide the larger tab through the slot for it. Ensure that the larger tab engages to secure the switch in place.
- Route the intrusion switch cable through the cables ties on the side of the case, and then to the intrusion switch connector on the motherboard. Connect the cable.
- Hold the center bracket close to the case, and then connect the hard drive power and signal cables to the rear of the hard drive.
- Place the center bracket in the case so that the arrow markings on each end align with the arrow markings on the case.
- Replace the access panel.
- Connect the external device cables and power cord, and then turn on the computer.