Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008486, 1008489, 1008514, 1008515, 1008575, 1008577, 1008617, 1008639, 1008640, 1008764,
1008782, 1008788, 1008790, 1009363, 1014208R, 1014210R, 1014211R, 1014267R, 1014268R, 1014344R,
1014345R, 1014420R, 1014675R, 1014688R, 1015111R, 1200335, 1200339, 3502069, 3502069R, 3502074,
3502074R, WME1T492-020, WME1T506-021, WMEIT492-004
E-4500D, E-4500D SB, E-2500D SB, E-2500D, S-5000D, S-5200D, E-4500D, E-2500D, E-2500D SB, E-4500D SB,
S-5000D, E-2600D SB, E-2600D, E-4610D SB, E-2610D, E-2600D SB, E-2600D SB, E-4610D SB, S-5405D, S-5205D,
S-5215D, E-4620D, S-5415D, E-4620DQ: How do I remove and replace an optical drive in the 6-bay micro BTX case?A: The instructions in this document can be used as general steps to remove and replace any 5.25-inch external drive.
Remove an optical drive
Replace an optical drive
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the right side panel.
- Inside the case, the 5.25-inch drive bays are located in the upper front corner of the case.
- Disconnect the data and power cables from the rear of the drive.
- Slide the bay release lever toward the rear of the case.
- Slide the drive out of the front of the case.
- Slide the drive into the front of the case until it is flush with the bezel.
- Secure the drive in the bay by sliding the release latch toward the front of the case.
Note: Small metal tabs on the release latch fit into holes on the side of the drive when the drive is properly aligned and the release latch is in the locked position.
- Connect power and data cables to the rear of the drive.
- Replace the right side panel.
- Connect the power cord, and then turn on the computer.