Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008486, 1008489, 1008514, 1008515, 1008575, 1008577, 1008788, 1008790, 1014208R, 1014210R,
1014211R, 1014267R, 1014344R, 1014345R, 1014420R, 1200335, 1200339, 3502069, 3502069R, 3502074,
3502074R, WME1T492-020, WME1T506-021, WMEIT492-004
E-4500D, E-4500D SB, E-2500D SB, E-2500D, S-5000D, S-5200D, E-2600D SB, E-2600D, E-2610D, E-2600D SB,
E-2600D SB, E-4610D SB, S-5405D, S-5205D, S-5215DQ: How do I remove and replace a hard drive in the 6-bay micro BTX case?A: Remove the hard drive
Replace the hard drive
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the right side panel.
- Inside the case, locate the hard drive bays in the lower front corner of the case.
- For stability, you can carefully lay the computer on its left side.
- At the rear of the hard drive, disconnect the signal and power cables.
- Press the green hard drive bracket release tab toward the hard drive, and then pull the drive and bracket out of the bay.
- On the rear corner of the hard drive opposite the bracket release tab, pull the bracket away from the hard drive.
- Pull the bracket off the hard drive.
Hard drive bracket
- Place the bracket on the hard drive. Two tabs on the bracket's metal plate fit into screw holes on the side of the hard drive. Ensure that the bracket release tab is at the rear (connector end) of the hard drive.
- Slide the hard drive into the bay. Ensure that the release tab engages with the hard drive cage.
- Connect the signal and power cables to the rear of the drive.
- If necessary, stand the computer upright.
- Replace the right side panel.
- Connect the power cord, and then turn on the computer.