Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008486, 1008489, 1008514, 1008515, 1008575, 1008577, 1008788, 1008790, 1014208R, 1014210R,
1014211R, 1014267R, 1014344R, 1014345R, 1014420R, 1200335, 1200339, 3502069, 3502069R, 3502074,
3502074R, WME1T492-020, WME1T506-021, WMEIT492-004
E-4500D, E-4500D SB, E-2500D SB, E-2500D, S-5000D, S-5200D, E-2600D SB, E-2600D, E-2610D, E-2600D SB,
E-2600D SB, E-4610D SB, S-5405D, S-5205D, S-5215DQ: How do I remove and replace the air duct in the 6-bay micro BTX case?
A: Remove the air duct
Replace the air duct
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the right side panel.
- Inside the case, the green plastic air duct is located in the middle front of the case.
- For more stability, you can lay the computer on its left side.
Note: There is a cable attached to the fan and if present, the optional internal speaker, mounted on the air duct.
- Carefully lift the air duct a short distance out of the case.
- Follow the fan cable to its connection on the motherboard. Note the location, and then disconnect the cable.
- If present, follow the cable on the internal speaker to the front ports board. Note the connection location, and then disconnect the cable.
- Remove the air duct from the case.
- Hold the air duct close to the case, and then connect the fan cable to the motherboard.
- If present, connect the internal speaker cable to the front ports board.
- Slide the air duct into the case, ensuring that no cables are pinched. The bottom edge of the air duct fits between the fins on the processor heat sink
- Replace the right side panel.
- Connect the power cord, and then turn on the computer.