Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008485, 1008490, 1008493, 1008494, 1008623, WME003668-0403
FX400MC, FX400X, FX400S, FX400XL, FX400MCQ: How do I remove and replace memory modules in the Gateway 7-bay computer case?A: Remove memory
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer's right side panel.
- For more stability, you can carefully lay the computer case on its left side.
- Inside the case, locate the DIMM sockets near the top, center of the motherboard and below the power supply.
- Press the release latches at each end of the module outward. The module lifts from the slot slightly.
- Handling the module only by the edges, lift it out of the socket. Try not to touch the chips or the gold connectors on the module.
- Align the memory module with the DIMM socket, and then firmly press the module into place
- Verify that the release latches at each end of the module flip up into place and secure the module.
- If needed, stand the computer case upright.
- Replace the right side panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.