Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014206R, 1014422R, 1014673R, 1014689R, 1015113R, 3507086R, 3507134R
E-2610N, S-5215NQ: How do I remove and replace the air duct and fan in the Gateway 3-bay nBTX case?A: Remove the air duct and fan
Replace the air duct and fan
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the case access panel.
- Remove the external drive cage.
- Inside the computer case, follow the fan cable to its connection on the motherboard. Note this location, and then disconnect the cable.
- Remove the air duct and fan from the computer case.
- Before removing the fan from the duct, note the orientation of the fan cable, and the direction of the fan label.
- To remove the fan from the air duct, remove the four screws that secure it, and then lift it free.
- To install a fan in the duct, align the fan so that its label faces into the duct and the fan cable is nearest and the lower left corner of the duct.
- Secure the fan with four screws.
- Place the air duct over the computer's processor, and then connect its cable to the motherboard.
- Replace the external drive cage.
- Replace the case access panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.