Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014206R, 1014422R, 1014673R, 1014689R, 1015113R, 3507086R, 3507134R
E-2610N, S-5215NQ: How do I remove and replace the external drive cage in the Gateway 3-bay nBTX case?A: Remove the external drive cage
Replace the external drive cage
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the case access panel.
- Remove the optical drive.
- Remove the media card reader or floppy disk drive.
- Inside the computer case, press the cage release latch toward the cage.
- Swing the cage up, and then remove it from the computer case.
- Align the tabs on the front of the drive cage with the slots in the computer case.
- Ensure that all drive cables are out of the way, and then lower the drive cage into place. Press it down to engage the latch.
- Replace the media card reader or floppy disk drive.
- Replace the optical drive.
- Replace the case access panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.