Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014206R, 1014422R, 1014673R, 1014689R, 1015113R, 3507086R, 3507134R
E-2610N, S-5215NQ: How do I remove and replace the media card reader or floppy disk drive in the Gateway 3-bay nBTX case?A: Remove the 3.5-inch device
Replace the 3.5-inch device
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the case access panel.
- Inside the case, the floppy drive or media card reader is located in the 3.5-inch drive bay in the left front corner.
- On the top of the external drive cage, the 3.5-inch drive release latch is closest to the front of the computer. Slide the latch to the unlocked position.
Note: For more working room and visibility, you can disconnect the power and data cables from the optical drive.
- Disconnect the device's cables.
- Slide the floppy or media device out of the front of the computer case. When removing a media card reader, ensure that the unit's cable does not catch on other internal components.
- At the front of the computer, if applicable, route the media card reader cable through the 3.5-inch drive bay.
- Slide the floppy or media device into the 3.5-inch drive bay.
- Inside the case, connect the device cables.
- Media card reader - Connect the unit's USB cable to the motherboard.
- Floppy disk drive - Connect the power and data cables to the rear of the drive. You may need to slide the drive into the case a short distance to see the connections.
- Ensure that the front of the drive is flush with the computer's front bezel, and then slide the 3.5-inch drive bay release latch into the locked position.
Note: If previously disconnected, connect the power and data cables to the rear of the optical drive.
- Replace the case access panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.