Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014206R, 1014422R, 1014673R, 1014689R, 1015113R, 3507086R, 3507134R
E-2610N, S-5215NQ: How do I remove and replace the optical drive in the Gateway 3-bay nBTX case?A: Remove the optical drive
Replace the optical drive
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the case access panel.
- Inside the case, the optical drive is located in the 5.25-inch drive bay in the left front corner.
- On the top of the external drive cage, the 5.25-inch drive release latch is closest to the rear of the computer. Slide the latch to the unlocked position.
- Slide the optical drive toward the front of the case a short distance, and then disconnect the power and data cables from the rear of the drive.
- Slide the drive completely out of the front of the computer case.
- At the front of the computer, slide the optical drive into the 5.25-inch drive bay.
- Inside the case, connect the power and data cables to the rear of the optical drive.
- Ensure that the front of the drive is flush with the computer's front bezel, and then slide the 5.25-inch drive bay release latch into the locked position.
- Replace the case access panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.